Rabbit is growing rapidly, and our infrastructure has to scale seamlessly to handle increasing user demand. (Luxury problem, we know.) With millions of users to support and aggressive growth targets, this role will significantly impact Rabbit’s business.
This position is preferably based in our Burlingame, CA headquarters, but working remotely is a possibility for the right person.
As Server Engineer, you:
- Have operational experience running server-side infrastructure at scale
- Are experienced in solving large-scale engineering challenges (using cloud-based solutions when appropriate) and working in distributed systems
- Understand the full stack, how all the pieces (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) fit together, and how they impact performance
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Built and launched multiple highly scalable server infrastructures
- Deep understanding of distributed caching (Redis, memcached, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of MongoDB or similar NoSQL database
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Previous startup experience